Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume Review

1:30 AM


I know I get to excited sometimes but I was like really excited for this. I have fine hair and that means it falls flat so the chance to review any thing that could help my crappy hair I would walk miles to try lol. I was very kindly sent this from FarleyCo to see what kind of big hair trouble I could get myself into. And let me tell you I had some big hair wow!


"Batiste XXL Volume Brings you the legendary revitalising benefits of Batiste Dry Shampoo with ultimate volumising power. From dull limp hair to big bouncy locks in an instant.
Batiste Dry Shampoo banishes oily roots,giving dull,lifeless hair the makeover it needs without water. A quick burst revitalises hair,adds body and texture and leaves it feeling fresh too. No need to worry about skipping a shampoo."

The nozzle is great, like most hairspray nozzles. It works perfectly.

I second guessed this product after I had it in my hands, I was thinking well it really it's probably just a dry shampoo with a new label. HA! no that's not the case at all. I fell in love with this product and I no longer need to use hair spray after I back comb my hair since this just holds everything in place.

I did have an interesting go the first time I used this. I sprayed my hair like I usually would with any other dry shampoo and when I went to brush out the excess my hair was pretty knotted up. If you use too much of this product you will create such an issue if you try to brush your hair out later(if you back comb). I usually always try to comb out any back combing I do or I end up with such matted hair after the shower.

You seriously need a small amount with this, which means the bottle will last such a long time.

The annoying white that dry shampoo leaves in your hair. It does blend away pretty good so I can't complain too much.

On the left I just kind of rubbed it into my hair with my fingers and on the right I have brushed it in. Really you can hardly tell my hair isn't super black after this. But I do recommend with darker hair to not use it on the top layer, just underneath so if there is some color lightening look it won't be effected since it's underneath.

I think this is perfect for fine hair since my problem is nothing stays in my hair, it's so soft and straight that even hairspray doesn't seem to last unless it's the make your hair crunchy kind which I can't stand.
I use a lot of the hair powders so I can have added texture in my straight hair but this is going to replace that since the price is much cheaper and way easier to use.

Pros:

*Gives some serious volume
*Acts as a dry shampoo & volume maker!
*Pleasant scent
*Nice packaging
*Good price
*Adds amazing texture
*Quick & Easy

Cons:

*My ultimate con of 90% of the dry shampoo world is the color! I just want black! Too much dry shampoo can make your hair have the dull grey color if you have dark hair. Perfect for blondes.
*Can give too much texture if your not careful

I will for sure purchase this product. I really find Batiste Dry Shampoo products different then all the other dry shampoos I have tried. They really make your hair feel clean and refreshed. I think this product would work well with all hair types and I say give it a try if you are looking for a cheaper alternatives to the volumizing hair powders or need mega volume.

You can purchase Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume at Farleyco.ca



You can also check out Farleyco at the following sites:

  Blog 





You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I LOVE Batiste. It sucks that dry shampoos leave a white cast on darker hair - all these companies need to step up their game already! I'll keep an eye out for this particular one, since I mainly use dry shampoo for volume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this too but I have not tried it yet, I really want to use up some of the ones I have started using before! I have heard great things about this one and I'm glad it works well for you. I know whay you mean by thatdreaed grey cast dry shampoos leave on darker hair though, annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Taygan! My younger sister just noticed that there was a new Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo and she thought it was just brought out the States only since she could not find it here.....and she asked me about it so I wanted to check out reviews. I searched for reviews and your blog post came up :) My sister got me hooked onto the coconut scented Batiste Dry Shampoo. I know what you mean about darker hair showing up grey easily....that's one downfall I noticed as well :S But I wonder if this gives you more volume than the regular Batiste Dry Shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try cacao powder it is natural and the helps your hair to get volume and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about this batiste product! Going on my wish ♥ list now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow my Journey @Montsergirl