Splat Hair Chalk Review

1:30 AM




"Simply beautiful pastel colors,Splat Hair Chalk is a beautiful way to add pastel color highlights to your hair. The chalk slides on dry and instantly adds just the right touch of color."
I recently got the chance to review Splat Hair Chalk from FarleyCo and I was realllly excited to give this product a go. I have had black hair for a few years now and have looked into adding bright color to it but the whole bleaching process isn't for me and hate that there wasn't as easy option that I had found for temporary hair color.



 Dusty Rose is perfect pink to add to any hair color.


Silver Moon is a gorgeous pastel blue, the picture is darker then the actual color sorry for my off lighting.

 I liked the idea of the pastel colors since it is a bit different then dyes I have seen around


OKAY now for the good stuff!!!

This was freakin awesome, I really had doubts that it would be so simple and actually last in my hair for a day let alone an hour. The color is pastel so of course it's a bit lighter so I needed to build this up on my black hair. I used two different hair sprays and had pretty much the same result with each. So what you do is take a section of hair spray with hairspray then use the compact and press against hair with your thumb and slide down the hair, repeat as much as you like! Then lightly spritz with hairspray to seal it in and you are good to go! You can style as you regularly would.

Now this is chalk so it washes out easy. If you are stuck in the rain you might have a mess. I wouldn't suggest wearing white while you are applying this to your hair. Also if you are planning on leaning your head on things all day then maybe don't chalk up the hair that day.


 Silver Moon


 Dusty Rose

Dusty Rose & Silver Moon braided together.


I quite enjoy the pastel colors since they just kind of blend into your hair without a huge loud vibrant color. You can also build up the color to be more intense if you like.I think they are really pretty and quite fun to use.

When finished you are left with a little chalky mess, what I did was laid a towel down on my bathroom counter so there really was no cleanup.

Pros:
Beautiful colors
Works as promised
Good price for product, you'll get a lot of uses out of it
Easy peasy to use
Works on light or dark hair
Much cheaper then dying hair
Great for kids too


Cons:
A little tiny bit messy
Hard to get the root of the hair but there is a little sponge you can use if you like
Not a huge fan of the shimmer in the chalk, I think they should be more matte but it's nothing crazy

umm that's all I could come up with so that's pretty good.



Here is a video from Farelyco using Midnight Blue

I would recommend this product to everyone and anyone who is bored with their hair color but doesn't want to make the commitment of color dyes or can't because of their job. I think this is such a fun product to just change your look up a bit. I'm so beyond sick of my look style hair cut and I am in need for change... I think this is one thing that will help me get one of those changed =)

Which colour do you like best??

You can also check out Farleyco at the following sites:

  Blog



You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Ive been wanting colour in my hair for a while now but nothing permanent, these look perfect and I really want to try them. How did you find they washed out and do you think they would stain my hair, its bleached xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They washed out perfectly! I forgot to mention its basically like eye shadow for your hair.. It's a good cheap alternative to dye!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :) it would look soo good with blonde hair but shockingly worked really well with black hair

      Delete
  3. OMG!! I need to try this ASAP!! I've been wondering about the whole process but never really researched it. Now I know I can wash it out when I want. I have dark brown/light black hair so I feel like these colors would look good. Do you know if they sell these in stores, or just websites?

    Thanks for the post btw!!:)

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think it would be great with your hair! I did watch Kandee Johnson's hair chalk video from like 8 months ago and she used stuff from a craft store but it seriously was such a process with the flat ironing and the water and the mess. This was quick and easy for me and under $10 so it's not risky. I know where to find it in Canada but the states...hmmm I will see what I can find

      Delete
    2. which stores can i find it in Canada

      Delete
    3. London Drugs and shoppers drug mart has it for sure..hope you find it!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, never thought it was so easy, now you make me want to try it too! I really like the result with both shades braided together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really into this chalk thing. It might just be me... I am pretty weird. I can see how fun it could be to wear to a concert, but other than that no. Plus it almost always rains in my country so we're screwed lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. does the chalk come off on your clothes throughout the day or night?

    ReplyDelete
  7. for me it came off onto my face as i had it in my hair, did i do something wrong when putting it on?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow my Journey @Montsergirl